Monday, September 29, 2008

Jilly's Wedding Cake

When my daughter Shelah got married in 1997, I made her dress. When my daughter Jillian got married in 2007, I decided that making food (especially cakes) was a lot more fun than making dresses. So we bought Jilly's wedding dress and I enlisted a whole crew of talented and willing workers to put on a buffet dinner reception for about 250 guests in Naperville, Illinois.

One of the buffet tables at Jilly's reception:
Although my grandson Isaac and goddaughter Beth are both cute, focus your attention on the wedding cake on the left side of the photo:
A close-up of the top of the cake:
Cake details: chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate curls, filled with a coconut layer. I filled up an entire shopping cart with chocolate at Houston's Central Market, and used most of it on this cake. There were three layers (insert sizes here). The cake and the accompanying sheet cakes served (insert number here).